Monday, September 06, 2010

Android vs iPhone experience

Been playing with a Galaxy S Android and I just can't make the jump quite yet. Apple's polish, the superior apps, and integration with iTunes, etc just make it better and less hassle prone.

One recent example: I use the SMS alert feature on iPhone all the time. I can preview an SMS and read it without even unlocking the phone. On Android: I had to download an app, install , set up preferences, and change some existing options. Wow, who has time for this?

Love the hardware and the slightly more open approach. I know, "slightly"? Yes, Android isn't the open platform promised. It's been taken over by telcos and manufacturers who put their stamp/skin/apps as they please. It's still more open than apple, but without the huge "it just works fluidly" benefit Apple's closed system brings.

Here's a recent article that lays out what I'm saying more eloquently: http://techcrunch.com/2010/09/05/apple-android/

Not ready to move yet.

4 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alex, can you email me?
I would like to talk to you but I don't have your email.
Thanks,

Gonzalo de los Rios gonzalo@arloyalty.com

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Radu said...

Apple still rules, although Google is struggling so hard. Like the link sugested...if Apple would go with more than one operator per country, there would be no Android. At least not a competitive one.

You might find this interesting...

http://www.worldometers.info/

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there,

I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at papiamento.blogspot.com.

May I use part of the information from this post right above if I provide a backlink back to this website?

Thanks,
Peter

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Alexander Garcia-Tobar said...

Yes, Peter, you can use the info with a backlink

 

Post a Comment

<< Home